Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reviewing The Vow


Rating: 2.5/5

Okay, I know a lot of people liked this movie, and I did too, because it was such a unique story. And it's inspired by true events too! Plus the team-up of Rachel McAdams (Paige) and Channing Tatum (Leo) is just so hard to resist. 

Casting-wise, I don't think anyone else can play such amazing roles other than these two. I don't know most of the rest of the cast though, so I can't say anything about them. 

Story-wise, I kind of think that this movie has no climax. It opened with Tatum narrating about moments, moments, and lots of moments colliding into one another. It was kind of boring for me though. I would love to hear his voice some more, but not when he's narrating like that. And when Paige had the amnesia (it's been so long already, am I still spoiling anyone?) I think she was a little too mean. There was one scene when she went out with her friends and she just let Leo standing there are the bar while they talked about their high school lives. I mean girl! Even if you had amnesia, you could at least be polite to the person who had been trying so hard to fight for you. 

I would have wanted more outbursts from Leo! I mean, if I were in that position and my spouse suddenly turned into someone who hates everything she used to love, heck I would throw tantrums too! But you know what they say, a sick person needs to be pampered. Paige did get A LOT of pampering too. It was just too much.

I expected this movie to be really dramatic. We were actually hesitant to watch it at first, but we succumbed to the call of the big screen at the end. You should know that I am a crybaby, so I expected to cry at the lines that they were going to throw at one another. Imagine my surprise when the only line that made me cry was the one from Paige's uptight stereotypical suburban mother. 

So there. I am disappointed, that's all. 

No comments: