Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bubba Gump...Heaven

Rating: 5/5

Ever watched the movie Forrest Gump? Okay, I'm going to admit that I haven't. I must be one of the veeeery few who haven't watched it. Anyways, there's this restaurant that is inspired by this film (or book--is it a book?) It's called Bubba Gump at Greenbelt 3.

We still had a lot of time to kill before the screening time of This Means War began, so we decided to try this out. The restaurant was very unique. When you entire they will welcome you and assist you to a stop line where you will be ushered by another waiter.

When we were finally seated, we ordered Onion Rings, Mama's Southern Fried Chicken, Grilled Dory with Jambalaya, and Alabama Mud Pie.

Before I tell you more about their delish foods, I would like to relay the awesome mini-quiz they gave us. Thanks to Karen, who answered all five questions about the movie, we got ourselves some free strawberry yoghurt! Yay!

Now on to the food...

Onion Rings
Of course, first came the Onion Rings. And this is the best I've tasted so far! There are other onion rings out there, but the problem I usually encounter with them is that they are either soggy or not properly coated. This one's just perfect.

Grilled Dory with Jambalaya 
This one's for Karen, but because I love the Jambalaya, I ate almost ate half of that two. As for the dory, I let her eat that on her own. In lieu of eating most of her Jambalaya, I shared my boneless chicken with her. See below why.

Mama's Southern Fried Chicken, Regular

See how big that chicken is??? That's like almost half of a chicken, I think. Since it's boneless, all of that is pure meat! There was a small portion of this, but since it was my first time ordering this, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't want to end up with a very small portion to I ordered the regular portion and voila! I shared half with Karen and even took some home. That's how big this is! :DD

Alabama Mud Pie
We both love sweets, so we decided to share this huge slice of heaven. It was also huge that even with the two of us, it was still hard to finish. Since we couldn't take it home with us, I ate more than my share just to finish it off. And I have to say, I don't regret it. It was just so good! The layers of ice cream and chocolate were just too good to resist.


And...our dessert number 2! This was the prize for their quiz. I love this too! I didn't know its name but it tasted like yoghurt ice cream. I would love to try this again when I come back to Bubba Gump.

This restaurant is just so good, I'm craving for it now as I write this! <3

No comments: